118 min., col., language — Spanish
Directors Gastón Duprat, Mariano Cohn
Scriptwriter Andrés Duprat
DoP Gastón Duprat, Mariano Cohn
Art Director María Eugenia Sueiro
Music Toni M. Mir
Editing Jerónimo Carranza
Cast Oscar Martínez, Dady Brieva, Andrea Frigerio, Nora Navas, Manuel Vicente, Belén Chavanne, Gustavo Garzón, Julián Larquier, Emma Rivera
Producer Fernando Sokolowicz
Production Arco Libre, Televisión Abierta, Magma Cine, A Contracorriente Films
Daniel Mantovani is an Argentine writer who has lived in Europe for over three decades, internationally recognized for having won the Nobel Prize for literature. His novels are characterized by telling about life in Salas, a small town in Argentina where he was born and which he has not visited since he was a young man with aspirations to be a writer.
In the numerous correspondence he receives daily he gets a letter from the City of Salas inviting him to receive the town’s most prestigious recognition: the Distinguished Citizen medal. Surprisingly, and despite his important obligations and compromises, Daniel decides to accept the proposal and returns to his town for a few days.
- Volpi Cup and Vittorio Veneto Award, Venice-2016
- Sur Awards for Best actor, Best supporting actor and Best original screenplay
- Goya Award for Best Iberoamerican film
- Ariel Award for Best Latinoamerican film
- Festival prizes at Valladolid, Thessaloniki, Haifa and others
GASTÓN DUPRAT, MARIANO COHN
Television and film directors and producers. Their first pieces of work were in video art and experimental cinema. Many of these pieces were rewarded internationally. In television they created various original formats, including «Televisión Abierta» (1999), the first reality show in the world. They directed and produced the full-length documentary feature films. Their movies have been awarded at numerous film festivals such as Sundance, Mar del Plata, Istanbul, Montreal, Rome, Tokyo, and many others; they have also obtained the Sur and Condor awards for best film and directors, and they have been nominees for the Goya and Ariel Awards, among other recognitions.
AUGUST 28, MONDAY
- 20:30 — The Distinguished Citizen (Argentina, Spain), Dir. by Gaston Duprat, Mariano Cohn, 118', 18+, Q&A
AUGUST 29, TUESDAY
- 16:30 — The Distinguished Citizen (Argentina, Spain), Dir. by Gaston Duprat, Mariano Cohn, 118', 18+