107 min., col., OV – Georgian
Director and scriptwriter Ana Urushadze
DoP Konstantin Mindia Esadze
Production design Thea Telia
Music Nika Pasuri
Editing Alexander Kuranov
Cast Nata Murvanidze, Dimitri Tatishvili, Ramaz Ioseliani, Avtandil Makharadze, Anastasia Chanturaia, Lasha Gabunia, Luka Kachibaia
Producers Lasha Khalvashi, Tinatin Kajrishvili, Ivo Felt
Production Artizm, Allfilm
A 50-year-old housewife, Manana, is forced confront her opposing identities as a dedicated mother, and a brilliant, yet unconventional writer. When faced with a choice between her family and her passion, she decides to plunge fully into writing, sacrificing to it both mentally and physically.
- Jury Grand Prize and Best Performance by Actress, Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- Best First Feature and Youth Jury Award, Locarno IFF-2017
- Best Film and Cineuropa Awards, Sarajevo IFF-2017
- New Director prize, San Francisco IFF-2017
- Best Director and Best Cinematography Prize, Gijón IFF-2017 and others
Director, scriptwriter. Born in Tbilisi, Georgia. Graduated from the Shota Rustaveli Theatre and Film University (TAFU) in 2013 and directed several short films such as “Ideas” (2010) and “One Man Loved Me”(2012). “Scary Mother” is her feature film debut.
26 AUGUST, SUNDAY
Theater them. Chekhov
18:00 - Scary mother (Georgia, Estonia), Dir. Ana Urushadze, 107 '
AUGUST 27, MONDAY
Cinema "October", big hall
13:00 - Scary mother (Georgia, Estonia), Dir. Ana Urushadze, 107 ',